Saturday, March 26, 2011

Ipad Sold! And Something Else.

Today I sold my ipad. Thank God I was able to sell it easily and quickly. This means I am surely getting an ipad2. Yey! But somehow, I am missing my ipad. It has served its purpose really well. Talk about using it as an effective therapy material for my kids at work, my source of fun when I’m all bored waiting for something in offices and malls, my library, my planner , my diary and so many other functions put into one gorgeous piece of a gadget. I am no gadget and neat freak but I know I took care of it in the best way I know how. No regrets on that. But a little part of me wishes I should have maximized it more. By this, I mean using it to the fullest and not missing out its other exciting features. Okay, I sound like I’m an advocate for an ipad-for-everyone world.  Oh well, now that someone else owns it, the least thing I can do is hope that the new owner will take care of it and will see its value more than I did.



On another note, a realization not contingent; but not totally unrelated hit me. The cliché “You’ll miss me when I’m gone” is really true.  I was reminded to value who I have more in my life while they’re still there, and before it’s too late. To over deliver and to give what I can, without of course, compromising what is right, for the people I love. It’s just sad that sometimes being too busy or worrying too much about the future gets in the way and in turn bruises relationships. Come to think of it, we only pass this way once; therefore, relationships should be cultivated and nourished first before anything else, because at the end of it all, money, prestige, investments, power, etc. will not make us happy. It is the people we love and the happy memories shared with them that will last a lifetime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment